Hello there. I hope you are all enjoying your summer (or winter if you are south of the equator!). I saw this toilet roll octopus and it inspired me to put together this quick paper craft. It’s perfect for small children and gives them a great opportunity to practise their scissor skills.
I’ve tried this craft out on a class of 4 and 5 year olds. They all really enjoyed it and everyone chose to make one. Hurray! The printable contains 2 octopuses so it’s also very economical if you are working with larger groups of children.
YOU WILL NEED:
– – – – – – – – – –
+ A4 paper
+ Glue or sticky tape
+ Wobbly eyes (you could use white stickers instead)
+ Hole punch
– – – – – – –
1. Print out the template (the pdfs are at the foot of the post). Set your printing preferences to ‘photo’ or ‘text and image’. Using a pair of scissors cut along all the dotted lines. If you printed the blank template then draw on suckers and a mouth.
2. Punch two holes in your octopus so that it can be hung when complete.
3. Glue or tape the tab into place
4. Curl the legs (most of the children I worked with needed a hand with this stage)
5. Stick eyes on your octopus. You can use wobbly eyes or white stickers.
– – – – – – –
Blank octopus template
Octopus template for blue paper
Octopus template for green paper
Octopus template for purple paper