Remember these? I used to spend loads of time as a kid making paper fortune tellers. I’ve been making them with my little ones lately and they like them as much as I do.
I’ve designed this fruity version if you want to have a go! I’ve left the message area blank – it’s more fun to write your own I think!
If you are not sure how to use a paper fortune teller then check out this video by Liam. (By the way my colours are pink, purple, red and orange – represented by the fruit!).
It seems that fruity designs are everywhere at the moment – look out for more fruity DIY’s and a fruit related crafty envy post next week.
YOU WILL NEED:
– – – – – – – – – –
+ Good quality A4 white paper
– – – – – – –
1. Print out the template (see below). Set your printing preferences to ‘text and image’ or ‘photo’. Cut carefully around the outside of the templates.
2. Fold in half along both diagonals.
3. Fold the first corners into the centre (be as accurate as you can).
4. Continue with the other three corners.
5. Flip the paper over. Fold the first corners into the centre.
6. Continue with the other three corners.
7. Fold the fortune teller in half along the vertical line, as shown.
8. Fold the fortune teller in half along the horizontal line, as shown.
9 & 10. The four corners should naturally start to pop out – this is where you put your thumbs and index fingers.
11. Write your secret messages….and play with your friends!
– – – – – – –
Origami fortune teller (aka chatterbox!) [pdf]