I love simple paper toys. Yes I’m talking about whirly birds – I’m sure you remember them. My son and I have been making them today and we’ve both been pretty entertained.
These neat little gizmo’s are really easy to make and just impossible to photograph! Click on the link below for instructions and a template.
You will need:
♥ Paperclip (optional)
1. Print out this template (pdf) on to an A4 sheet of paper. Each sheet contains five whirly birds.
2. Cut along the solid grey lines.
3. Fold flap A forward and flap B back
4. Fold lines C & D upwards – this adds weight to the base of the tail
5. Fold flaps E & F inwards along dotted lines
6. Hold the whirlybird by the tail, high above your head and let go.
7. If you change the length of the wings you can make the whirlybird go faster or slower. You can also add a paper clip to the tail to give it more weight.