We’ve had stacks of fun today making festive scented playdough. My 3.5yr old loved it and for that matter I did too.
We spent about an hour in the kitchen mixing up our christmassy potions and talking about where all the ingredients came from – it was wonderful. Where’s smellovision when you need it.
If you fancy having a bash, click on the ‘read more’ link below.
♥ Make up basic recipe, knead in ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence at end.
♥ Put a big handful of cranberries and a cup of water in a pan. Bring to the boil then gently simmer on stove for 20 minutes (until liquid has reduced to about half). Once cooled pour through sieve then follow basic recipe.
♥ Make up basic recipe then at the end knead in 1 teaspoon of allspice and a few drops of orange/lemon essential oil.
♥ Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa to basic recipe
♥ Make up basic recipe then at the end knead in about half teaspoon of almond essence and about ½ teaspoon of turmeric.
• This recipe is for a non-edible playdough.
• Almond essence contains nuts so be mindful of anyone who may be allergic to nuts.
• I can honestly say I have never had any problems with staining but please remember natural dyes can stain…so make sure you wear a pinny and try to avoid using your best pots and pans!
• Don’t let your little one/s anywhere near hot or boiling water.
• Finally, in my experience playdough always sticks to the pan. However if you soak the pan in cold water for five minutes it comes off in a jiffy.