Yay! I finally managed to get an advent calendar tutorial up. I do hope you like it. I tried to come up with one that uses simple materials, is easy to make, is suitable for adults and kids, and one that can be customised to suit your own colour scheme.
If you wanna have a go you will find full instructions after the jump…
These models are pretty versatile; you can hang them in your tree, make a garland from them or you can stand them on your windowsill.
*I can’t believe how quickly the months are flying by. Where is the pause button!*
Click on the link below to view the how-to!
YOU WILL NEED:
- – – – – – – –
12 sheets of card (up to 120gsm)
Ruler and needle (for scoring)
LENGTH OF PROJECT
- – – – – – – – – –
3-4 hours (excludes printing time)
– – – – – –
Print the templates onto your sheets of card. I set my printing preferences to ‘black & white’ and ‘text & image’. (Templates are highlighted in yellow at the end of this post)
1. Cut out your templates, then score and fold along all the lines. Using a needle, pierce a hole in the corner of each template (the holes are marked on the print outs).
2. Turn your model over, place a trinket or sweet inside, and then fold each of the four flaps inwards.
3. Cut a 30cm length of cotton. Thread your cotton onto a needle and thread through the first hole from outside to inside.
4. Thread the cotton through the second hole from inside to outside.
5. Thread the cotton through the third hole from outside to inside.
6. Finally thread the cotton through the fourth hole from inside to outside.
7. Gently pull the ends of cotton together so that the model closes
8. Place a small roll of tape over the model (this will help keep the model closed whilst you tie a double knot in the cotton).
9. Snip the ends of cotton so that your loop is approximately 8cm long and tie a knot in the other end!
10. Repeat 23 times!!!
Job done ^_^
– – – – – –
And if you fancy designing your own, or want to use your own patterned paper then you can use the blank template below:
If you have any problems then please leave a comment and I will get back to you.
43 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
You can read more about my latest book here!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
Click here to see heaps more....