I really liked the woven gift-topper I made a few weeks ago and thought it looked really pixely! Just perfect for space invaders…
I think it would make a cool little project for big kids and grown-ups! All you need are strips of paper and some sticky tape.
You could use them as gift-toppers, or make a card from them or stick them in a frame. They require no skill to make…just a bit of patience…
If you want a ‘how-to’ then click on the ‘more’ link below.
If you fancy a change from rainbow then neon works well too!
Have you worked on a project lately that you are pleased with…if so, tell me about it (leave a comment below)!
Off topic: Thanks for all your comments/emails regarding Macrame. Tutorials coming up in July/September so keep an eye out for that!
I used multicoloured strips for the horizontal weaves and white for the vertical ones*.
1) Cut out lots of paper strips. Mine were 5mm wide. Adjust the length of the strips to suit your project. Longer is better…at least then you can chop them down if need be.
2) I lay all my white strips on a table top and put a length of sticky tape at the top of the strips to keep them secure.
3) Weave away
4) Once you have all your strips in place you will probably need to put some sticky tape on the back to keep all the pieces in place. With this in mind I worked all the designs back to front so that I could put the sticky tape on strips without having to turn them over. There are some ‘back-to-front’ photos below for you to follow!
If you need a hand, leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you asap
*Top-left design requires 18 vertical strips
*Top-right design requires 10 vertical strips
*Bottom-left design requires 14 vertical strips
*Bottom-right design requires 13 vertical strips
35 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
- All I need… (my mum's blog x)
- Arvindgupta Toys
- Beci Orpin
- Chez Beeper Bebe
- Crow roosters crow
- Curly Birds
- diy or die
- Fine Little Day
- Handmade Charlotte
- Hello Kiddo
- IDN Magazine
- Kickcan & Conkers
- le dans la
- Lullatone home orchestra
- Meet me at Mike's
- misako mimoko
- Officers (my cousins band)
- Piles of washing
- Red Ted Art
- Sausage Jar
- Swiss Miss
- Wabi-sabi wanderings
- What I Made