I love these little origami decorations and absolutely smothered my Christmas tree in them last year (mainly because I was worried about my boys getting their mitts on the glass baubles).
They are so delightful and all you need to make them are paper and thread (beads optional). These are obviously too hard for little ones to make but, if you’ve got older kids, set them to work!!
They are made with two interlocking components (pictured above) and I think would be perfect for any occasion – just change the paper to suit.
If you wanna know how to make these simple and quick decorations then click the ‘read more’ link below.
1 & 2. First of all you need to take a square piece of paper and fold an origami square base. Each square I used measured 7.5 x 7.5cm.
3. Take your base and fold the outside edges into the middle and crease well.
4. Turn over and repeat.
5. Fold the bottom corner up and crease well.
6. Turn over and repeat.
7. Press outside edges towards one another and crease.
8. Take another square of paper and repeat steps 1 – 7.
9. Slide two components together so that they interlock.
Please leave a comment below if you have any problems.
31 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
Click here to see heaps more....
You can read more about my latest book here!