I saw some pompoms on Pinterest the other day and it reminded me to make some with my boys (and my niece and nephew). They all l-o-v-e-d it! I had fun too. Reminded me of making them with my Mum when I was little!
- – - – - – - – - – - – - -
// Neon pompoms as wall decorations.
// Pompom jewellery (the third from bottom is my favourite…love those colours).
// Pompom garland from etsy seller Depeapa.
// Miniature pompoms made with forks.
I’m sure there are a gazillion pompom tutorials out there…and you can probably make them in your sleep…but if you need a quick reminder, here’s how:
You will need
- – – – – – – -
// Scrap card
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
1. You need to cut two cardboard ‘doughnuts’. Ours measured about 8cm in diameter but you can experiment with different sizes. Needless to say the bigger the doughnut the bigger the pompom. Put the doughnuts together and start winding the wool around them (we were lacking in patience that day so we wrapped four stands of wool at a time!).
2. Keep going.
3. Keep going…you can switch color if you want ^_^
4. Keep going!
5. Pop your scissors between the two pieces of cardboard and cut all the way around the edge.
6. Be careful at this point…don’t let it fall apart.
7. Cut a long strand of wool and put it between the two pieces of cardboard. Tie in a knot and pull tight. Knot again.
8. Remove cardboard and fluff up!
25 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
You can read more about my latest book here!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
Click here to see heaps more....