It’s mothers day in the UK at the end of March and I wanted to come up with a nice idea for a card. I decided to recycle my paper-cut gems from a previous post and made these cool popup cards.
There are six gems to choose from if the diamond doesn’t appeal to you.
You can also make a ‘paper-cut’ version of the round gem. It looks fantastic if you stick some shiny foil inside the card.
The templates are at the foot of the post if you fancy giving this project a go!
Happy Monday all ^_^
YOU WILL NEED:
– – – – – – – – – –
+ Thin white card for the gems
+ Good quality A4 paper (in whatever colour you fancy)
+ Sharp craft knife
POP-UP CARD – HOW TO
– – – – – – – – – – –
1. Print out the gem templates. Cut out your chosen gem. For best results please use a sharp craft knife.
2. Print the card template. Cut it out and fold it in half.
3. Cut out the tab that will fit inside the card and fold it along the solid lines.
4. Glue the tab to the card as shown.
5. Make sure that you can fully open and fully close the card.
6. Stick your gem to the tab using some glue.
7. Print and assemble the envelope. Job done!
– – – – – – – – –
For best results set your printing preferences to ‘photo’ and ‘grayscale’