Have you ever made a kaleidocycle before? They are pretty fun. All you need is some glue, paper and 5 or 10 minutes!
There is an animated gif at the bottom on the post so that you can see what they do.
There are also instructions & a template below too ^_^
YOU WILL NEED:
- – – – – – – –
- Paper or thin card
- Ruler and needle for scoring
- – – – – – – –
1. Print your template and cut it out.
2. Using a ruler and sharp point (compass or needle) score all the lines on your template.
3. Fold along all vertical lines.
4. Fold along all diagonal lines.
5. Fold your template over so that the three tabs tuck under the stripy part of the template. Glue into position (a glue-stick works well) and leave your model to dry for a few minutes.
6. Bend the kaleidocycle round as shown.
7. Tuck the remaining tab into the other end of the kaleidocycle. I found it easier to put a little tape over this join (rather than glueing)…
The animated gif is a bit shaky. I was alone in the house so had to use my chin to press the button on the camera (whilst the camera was attached to tripod). High-tech indeed!
By the way, check out this free download (courtesy of my cousins band) which contains: trick or treat poster, DIY ‘creeps’ mask, high quality MP3 and exclusive video art.
And, Helen, from Curlybirds just put together a ‘vintage Halloween costume‘ post on her site. Do have a look….it’s pretty funny
22 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
- All I need… (my mum's blog x)
- Arvindgupta Toys
- Beci Orpin
- Chez Beeper Bebe
- Crow roosters crow
- Curly Birds
- diy or die
- Fine Little Day
- Handmade Charlotte
- Hello Kiddo
- IDN Magazine
- Kickcan & Conkers
- le dans la
- Lullatone home orchestra
- misako mimoko
- Officers (my cousins band)
- Piles of washing
- Red Ted Art
- Sausage Jar
- Swiss Miss
- Wabi-sabi wanderings
- What I Made