!!! NEW AND UPDATED TEMPLATES HERE !!!
This has got to be one of my favourite projects to date…which is a good job because I nearly broke my brain putting the templates together!! I’m not so good at maths and figuring out angles (my lovely Mum is a retired maths teacher so I should know better!). By the way this project is quite fiddly so more aimed at grown-ups or older kids.
You can use these paper gems as hanging decorations (for your Christmas tree) or you can incorporate them into a mobile or garland. I would love to make about a hundred and string them up in front of my window…however there is a limit to my patience!!
If you spray them lightly on one side they look very pretty and a bit more crystal-like! Skip below the jump for pdf templates and instructions.
If you love crystals and gems as much as I do then check out these cool projects:
Edited to add: Check out this great advent calendar idea using my paper gems. Thanks Marta!
Kids craft coming up next week…I absolutely promise this time!
I’ve been a total slacker on email lately…but intend to catch up over the next week. So if you have emailed, sorry, you will hear from me soon!
You will need:
♥ Cutting board (optional)
♥ Glue stick
♥ Silver/gold spray (optional)
1. !!! NEW AND UPDATED TEMPLATES HERE !!!
2. Print template onto a sheet of coloured A4 paper
3. Cut out the templates. (Cut along solid lines. Score and fold the dashed lines).
4. Stick together using a gluestick. (There is probably a better kind of glue to use…I would love to hear recommendations from any paper-crafters out there!)
5. If you want to spray the gems, lie them on an old piece of newspaper and lightly spray the top-side of the gems. (I think they look better sprayed on one side only).
!!If you want to hang your gems then thread a piece of cotton through before sticking the pieces together!!
Due to it’s fiddly nature, this project is not really suitable for kids.
Any problems then leave a comment!
184 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
Click here to see heaps more....
You can read more about my latest book here!