I vividly remember playing pacman when I was younger and I used to get the heebie-jeebies just before one of those little ghosts gobbled me up. Anyhow…I still think they are a bit spooky (in a friendly kind of way) so thought they would make an excellent Halloween garland.
The shapes are pretty simple, so very easy to chop out. I’ve been making mine, feet up, in front of the telly. Can’t beat a bit of multitasking…haha!
I’ve left my feet in this picture to give you an idea of how big the cut-outs are.
If anyone wants a full tutorial then leave a comment. Full instructions after the jump!
Want to play pacman? Check out the google version here…it’s a great time waster!
1) Download the template here! Print onto white paper and cut out. This is now your ‘master template’.
2) Lay your master template onto some black card and draw around it using a pencil.
3) Chop out (whilst watching guilt-free crappy telly).
4) For the eyes: I chopped up some scrap plastic but you can use clear acetate (I hang on to loads of stuff that would normally go in the recycling bin). Stick a strip onto the back of each ghost with a bit of tape. I then colored some circular stickers black and stuck them on top of the scrap plastic – you can easily chop out a circle of paper if you don’t have stickers.
If you want your garland to be seen from both sides simply chop another ghost out and stick on top with some double-sided tape. This will hide all the sticky tape!
5) To hang: Get a length of black thread and stick on to the back of your pac-men(!) using sticky tape…easy!
See picture below to understand construction. Sorry it’s not a very good picture!
Wishing you all an ace weekend….my kids are in bed so we are just about to crack open the wine….hurrah! x
60 Comments › Leave yours
Leave a Reply
Click here to see heaps more....
You can read more about my latest book here!